Subject: Comment raith SNF 2006-07-18 16:55:08: System tested for operations at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 kV
From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:55:08 -0700

Greetings:
I tested the RAITH system at voltages ranging from 5 to 30 kV in 5 kV steps.  No significant
increases in system or FE-Gun section vacuum pressures where observed other than the
normal small increase and immediate decrease to base pressure when the Liner Voltage
for the Beam Booster shuts off and ramps up above 20 kV.
User restriction on acceleration volltage increased to 20 kV.
Users wishing to work at higher acceleration voltages than 20 kV should see me so we
can schedule a RAITH session together. I wish to be present when we increase above 20001
Volts for the first few runs.
Gun vaccum base is 5.45 E -010 Torr.
Thank you for your support!
James Conway