Subject: Shutdown raith SNF 2006-12-08 14:51:57: Electron optics board may have been damaged im EHT trip event.
From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:51:58 -0800

Good Afternoon:
Electron optics board in the RAITH 150 may have been damaged im EHT trip event that
occurred early this morning.  This trip may have been a result of touching the pole
piece cap on the final objective lens during the sample holder crash. They occurred
within a minute of each other on the LEOLOG.LOG.
I attempted to recalibrate the E/O board mag. amplifier and stigmation offset correction
functions but I cannot achieve the larger range of control I need to be able to stigmate
well enough to obtain a clear image and perform the calibration.  The lens or stigmation
quadropoles may have been damaged.
Spoke with Zeiss Field service by phone and we may be able to get a service person on
site Monday afternoon next week.
Until then we are down and off line on the system.  No user access to the RAITH or the
LEO systems or PC's over the weekend.
Thank you,
James Conway