Subject: Shutdown raith SNF 2007-04-03 15:50:02: Electron optics boards temperature exceeds limits -- system shut down for repairs
From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:50:05 -0700

Good afternoon:
AT 15:10 hours we encountered a over temperature alarm on the RATH SEM's Electron Optics
card when it exceeded 35 degrees Celsius.  I checked the temperature and flow at the
NESLAB chiller and it is well controlled at 20 degrees Celsius.  Flow however is reduced
from previous setting and large clumps of material can be seem accumulating at the flow
meter valve.
System is now in shutdown mode until RAITH Field service can resolve this issue.  RAITH
field service is scheduled to arrive tomorrow mid day.
Also attempted to reset the E/O card but it still is in alarm mode.
System off line to users until further notice.
James Conway