Subject: Re: Shutdown sem4160 SNF 2012-12-11 16:40:05: beam alignment problem
From: jwc@snf.stanford.edu

on coming onto the system I found all the movable aperture strips moved to the extreme
off set positions.  EG the beam was off the strip and the image was lost due to the
upper moveable aperture strip was also translated to off the hole position.
refound the beam monitor aperture strip off center from normal position.
recentered.
Then aligned the movable aperture strip after relocating the lost hole(s)
All is normal but did not see perfect resolution at high mag.
Will revisit this situation during my SEM practicum class tomorrow.
Unsure if this was intentional or an accident by the last user.  But he was not having
difficulties this afternoon when I came into the lab