Shutdown afm2 SNF 2005-04-22 14:56:34: Unable to open application

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 26 14:58:52 PDT 2005

The shortcut on the screen that was pointing to D:/SPM/Z.exe
failed immediately with a fatal error that shows up in the log
file as "SEtranslator Fault".  While I couldn't determine the cause of that error, I did notice that there was also a directory/file named D:/SPM.Old/Z.exe.  When I ran that, the Nanoscope stuff seems to start up properly.  (Of course, I'm not enough of an afm expert to know for sure ...).  So, I made a link on the PC desktop labelled "OldNanoscope" that, I believe, should work.
Let me know if you encounter any additional problems ...
John