AFM2 - Bad images?

Barden N. Shimbo shimbo at snowmass.Stanford.EDU
Wed Mar 20 15:32:37 PST 2002

Howdy fellow AFM users,

In attempting to take some AFM images this afternoon, I got a lot of
"static-y" pictures.  At first, I thought my samples had just become
really dirty.  At a 10 um scan range, the "dirt" appeared as bumps
a couple pixels in area and maybe 50 nm high.  However, even when I
decreased the scan range to 1 um or 0.1 um, the "dirt" appeared roughly
the same size.  I found the same results with two different tips.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?  Is it just me, or is
something wrong with the machine?

-Barden
--
|  Barden N. Shimbo                                   CISX, Room B113  |
|  shimbo at snow.stanford.edu                       Stanford University  |