AFM Trick

Charis Quay Huei Li chquay at MtHolyoke.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:37:43 PST 2003

Hi guys,

     Many of you have been having the problem where after capturing an AFM
image on DI software you cannot open it on another computer. I recently
talked to Greg Koppel from Veeco. He says when you capture, the headers
aren't correct for some reason. The fix is to 'browse' the files on the
computer that you took the images with. The browse button is the one with
nine multi-coloured little squares in the upper left corner in the offline
mode of the Nanoscope software. So just go into offline mode on the
control computer, select the folder with your unreadable files in it and
hit browse and they will now be all readable on your office computer.
Sounds like black magic but it works. This is easiest to do if the
repository for your AFM files is networked; otherwise you have to copy
MB's of files and take it to the AFM computer. This piece of info made my
day. I hope it's helpful to you too. :-) Marc/Ali, do you mind letting the
McCullough folks know? Thanks.

Cheers,
Charis.

Charis QUAY Huei Li			Physics Department
650-725-2047 (L)			Stanford University
650-853-0936 (R)			Stanford, CA 94305-4060