dynamic displacement

Goksen Yaralioglu goksenin at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 3 15:43:30 PDT 2005

I tried something similar. In my case the voltages were relatively high and
the cantilever deflection disturbed probably by the electrostatic forces
between the cantilever and the surface. The best way is to keep the
cantilever and the surface at the same potential. I do not know if this is
easy to do on afm2. If you can somehow machine an opening, that the stack
can fit, on a silicon wafer (or on a flat surface) and align the top
surface of the stack to the flat surface, then you may use zygo.
Goksen

At 03:08 PM 6/3/2005 -0700, Gary Yama (SNF) wrote:
>Has anyone used the AFM to measure a dynamic displacement?
>
>I am trying to actuate a small 1mm x 1mm square piezoelectric stack and
>see what the out of plane displacement is.
>
>Thanks in advance - Gary

Goksen G. Yaralioglu, PhD
Stanford University
Ginzton Lab.