AFM2 Update, 10/9

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 9 17:00:32 PDT 2006

All,

I am working on two approaches for getting the AFM functional.  The
quickest is to reinstall the software.  Vecco is trying to compile an
installation disk which matches our hardware configuration.  The
delay relates to an undocumented upgrade.  Our software/hardware does
not match their database.  I've taken pictures of our control boards
and sent this out at the end of last week.  When I tried to follow up
on Friday and today, one of the two parties have been out of the
office for the day.  I have not been able to confirm they have the
necessary information to generate the replacement software, so I
don't have an estimated time the system will be functional.

The second approach is to update the software and replace the
computer and potentially the drive board.  This is the 60-90 day
quotation.  I have received approval for this upgrade, but the PO has
not been placed.  This is not part of the critical path to get the
system up and running since the software reinstall should be quicker.

Regards,
Ed