AFM Update, 10/26/06

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 25 14:00:01 PDT 2006

All,

This is the communication I received from Veeco this morning.  It
leaves me with the impression we should receive the new computer
system soon.  I do not know how different the operating software will
be or if some re-training will be required.  I did confirm, the
computer and operating software will be USB compatible.  As a result,
I do not plan on hooking the system up to the internet.

Regards,

Hi Ed-

Okay, I have it ready, with any luck all the paperwork will get done
today and it will go out the door.

Pat is on the road, actually I will be too as of noon, I think by the
time I can find out id it did ship you should have it, but I'll try anyway.