AFM2 -Green Light

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 27 18:56:36 PDT 2006

All,

I just finished taking some quick scans on the AFM.  The software is
very similar in feel to the older version.  I don't think any
retraining is needed.  If you feel uncomfortable or want help, please
let me know.

A couple of points to note:

1) The login name has changed to "nanoscope" and there is no
password.  I made the change on the sheet of paper on the side of the
acoustic cabinet.

2) The system will not go back on the world wide internet.  We will
put it on the Shadow Internet which only allows connections to
Stanford computers.  The computer still needs to be registered with
Stanford before it can connected.

3) The USB locations are on the lower left side of the
computer.  These will be easier to get to than the ones in the
back.  Why they are not on the front, I don't know.

4) There are a lot of helpful and information files which can be
opened using the short cut on the main screen.

5)  I don't have an appropriate sample to test the
calibration.  Veeco has all of our scanner calibrations on file from
the last repair.  My hope is they used these files when they built
our software.  A phone conversation indicted this might have
happened.  If you have a critical measurement need and you have a
know sample you may want to verify you get the same answer.

Let me know any feedback you might have.

Ed