Problem AG4100 SNF 2006-11-22 10:52:52: Abnormal temperature rise

fengj at snf.stanford.edu fengj at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 22 10:52:57 PST 2006

Tried RTA_940 yesterday.For the first 5 wafers, the real temperature rose to about 700 - 800 degree C during the first two delay steps, and dropped before the desired ramp up. The real temperature rampped to 940 degree C pretty well, but after the stable step it stayed around 800 degree C instead of going down and we had to press the "SAVE EXIT" button to stop the process. For the 6th wafer the temperature did not rise during the first two delay steps but still could not go down after the stable step. For the following 2 wafers, the temperature profile was as abnormal as in the case of the first 5 wafers. During all the abnormal temperature rise, we could see the glowing from the chamber. It seemed that there was a glitch in the control system so that the heating lamp power could not be turned off.