Problem AG4100 SNF 2008-12-13 22:51:24: no cooling water...overtemps

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Dec 14 11:16:28 PST 2008

Wow, was this a strange one .....
1. The supply and return had been reversed ... likely when the AG 4108 was being reinstalled on Friday.
2. This, I believe, did 2 things: First, the water control solenoid (that is permanently plugged into the power strip, likely doesn't really flow water in the reverse direction.
However, I also believe that reversing the flow on the Kobold flow switch likely jammed it so that it may have still been registering a flow .... otherwise, I don't know how it could have allowed the lamps to come on.
So, we've now got the flow in bothmachines in the correct direction.  However, the Kobold flow switch is not dropping out when we have zero flow.  I will be working to get a replacement flow switch ASAP.
In the meantime, however, the machine should be fine to run.
Thanks,
John