Shutdown AG4100 SNF 2009-03-24 18:26:17: Intensity spikes ....

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 17 21:23:51 PDT 2009

We are still experiencing lamp drop out after about 20 seconds on the 1150 degree C 30 second QUAL recipe.  I'm removing the shutdown, however, to allow folks that have either lower temperature or shorter time recipes to see if they can successfully run without lamp drop out.
The email that I sent explaining that follows ...
John
SNF Lab Members:
We continue to experience lamp drop outs for the standard 30 second 1150 degree C qualification runs .... the lamps turn off after about 20 or so seconds.  This is after working with AllWin to identify some problematic relays that we have replaced ... but replacing those relays did not fix the problem so we continue to search for the root cause.
While we are continuing to work on this problem, I have been asked whether either lower temperature or shorter time anneals will run successfully.  The honest truth is that I don't know.  I had the best of intentions of running a set of those experiments this week to determine that  .... and never got around to that.
So, for some of you who may be anxious to use the tool, I have a proposal where you can help me and, hopefully, get some useful work done.
Here is what I propose .... I'm going to remove the shutdown .... with the caveat that careful testing needs to be performed for any recipe before you commit real wafers for this purpose.  Particularly, for those of you who need either lower temperature or very short time anneals, it would help me to know if you experience lamp drop out.
So, I've left a box of L-type test wafers in the load area of the AG4100.  You may use any of those that you wish for testing.  They will, of course, need to be cleaned first ... Also, if you keep track of your equipment time, I will make sure that you are not charged for the time you spend seeing if your recipe will run if you tell me what you learn .... either a certain recipe ran successfully or the lamps dropped out after so many seconds.  I will treat that as community service time for any test wafers that you run.  Note: I will also leave an empty box for the test wafers after they have been put through the machine so there is no chance of contaminating the wet benches.
If you have any questions, let me know ....
But PLEASE, PLEASE if you plan to use this tool, make sure that you run test wafers to make sure that you don't experience lamp drop out on your recipe!!!
John