Problem AG4100 SNF 2009-11-28 02:24:55: Forming Gas

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Sat Nov 28 08:20:56 PST 2009

Aleta:

By looking at the gas panel, I can see that the Argon line and the
forming gas line share a mass flow controller and that the quarter turn
valve that would allow forming gas to flow is held in the closed
position by a tywrap.  In other words, the system is only configured so
that one of those gases can flow at any one time .... and it is
currently set up for argon rather than forming gas.  In fact, my guess
is that it has been in that configuration for some time.

This leads me to believe that there is likely some machine
reconfiguration that is required to switch from argon to forming gas
over and above closing the argon quarter-turn valve and opening the
forming gas quarter turn valve.  As I really don't know the details of
this process, I believe that the best thing to do is to wait until
Monday when folks more knowledgeable than I will be around.

Thanks,

John