Shutdown AG4100 SNF 2011-03-21 15:01:12: TC calibration

eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 23 13:28:54 PDT 2011

Completed pyrometer calibration using the new TC wafer.  I ran a test where I set the power at 15% (~ 680 C) and watched how closely the pyrometer and TC temperature matched.  Before the cal, the difference was about 50 C.  Not great but not the ~ 185 C difference that the user saw. After the cal with the OLD TC wafer, the difference was ~ 2 C.  However,the difference at the temperature setting that the user wanted to run at (550 C ~ 11% power) was about 13 C.
Using the calibration curve from the NEW TC wafer, the temperature difference at 550C was ~ 2 C but the difference at the 15% power was about 12 C.
The system is now using the cal curve from the NEW TC wafer.