Problem AG4108 SNF 2010-04-20 17:06:37: large lamp intensity vibration

emyers at snf.stanford.edu emyers at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 21 13:54:40 PDT 2010

I looked at the results and the recipe.  I think this is a recipe problem.  The steady state intensity factor is set at 1.30 against the recommended starting point of 1.0.  When you see oscilations at steady state usually we lower the setting to dampen the response.  In the header data the gain is set to 0.40 (common for the 4100) against a recommended 0.30 (for the 4108).  Finally again in the header the sensitivity is set o 2.0 instead of 1.0.  If you make these changes to the recipe you should see the ringing of the lamp intensity from over driving the PID control parameters.