Changing quartzware

Nabeel Robert Ibrahim ibrahim at Stanford.EDU
Mon Jan 22 19:31:17 PST 2001

>On a related note, there may be a change in policy regarding separate
>diffusion and silicide trays.   If you have any comments please contact
>Jim McVittie or Krishna Saraswat so they have your input.  I believe
>they're trying to simplify the quartzware procedures while maintaining
>diffusion-clean standards.  They may be considering a change in allowed
>materials as well.

That is true.  Pinkesh and I did some work a couple of years ago which
showed no cross-contamination between silicided and oxidized wafers.

I would like to have a user's group meeting to discuss this issue, hopefully
later this week or early next week.  Once I schedule the room, I'll let
everyone know.

Nabeel