RTA Forming Gas

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 1 15:09:40 PDT 2005

Users,

The maintenance group has completed the forming gas plumbing for the
RTA4100 and ALD system.  We are waiting for the county to inspect the
installations prior to these tools being available to the community.

As part of the installation and county certification the hydrogen content
in the forming gas had to be reduced.  This installation and all future
installations will be using a hydrogen content of 4% instead of our
previous 10% content.  4% hydrogen content is the industry standard.  In
part this evolved due to safety concerns over hydrogen content greater than
4%.

 From today and going forward the AG4108, AG4100, rtaag and rtagaas will
use 4% hydrogen as the forming gas formulation.

Regards,