AG4100 Vs AG4108

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 30 17:05:18 PST 2006

All,

We have finally received the permit to operate the AG4100.  Since we have
two systems, the plan is to separate processing between the two
systems.  From this point forward, please use the following guideline while
you develop your process flow and RTP recipes:

AG4108: Clean Silicon processing only  (No silicides or Ge)

AG4100: Silicide and Ge processing only (No Clean Silicon)

If you haven't been in the fab recently, you may not know we changed the
operational software on the AG4108.  Now both system are running the same
control software.  With the release of the AG4100 and the change in
software for the AG4108, the recipes are in flux.  We will be working on
gathering process information and doing recipe optimization.  The systems
will remain under a yellow light, until we feel comfortable with the
quality of the anneals or oxidations.

We are opening up the systems to the users before we have fully optimized
recipes.  If you have a critical recipe, please be aware you should verify
the recipe before you commit your devices.  Talk with either Uli or Ed to
keep track of the status of the various recipes.

Remember, both systems need to have the process recipes verified.

Regards,
Ed and Uli