ASM epi Process Flow Considerations

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 14 11:17:08 PDT 2006

RTP and Epi Users,

In order to support a contract, there is need to run wafers on a
process flow which is outside of the norm.  SpecMat, management and
faculty have held a number of discussions regarding the process
flow.  The challenge is the wafers need epi, following a number of
processing steps done in Semiclean tools.  The highlights of the
process flow are:

*Standard Si substrate wafers.
*Clean and Semiclean tools include,SiGe furnace, LTO (non-metal
side), AG4108 and P5000.
*IMEC type Ge cleans.
*finally ASM Epi.

Since the wafers will go through a number of steps prior to epi, we
felt it was in the best interest of the RTP and Epi community to have
an opportunity to discuss the safeguards being taken.  I have asked
the principle parties to give a brief, technical presentation to
illustrate the safeguards and the effectiveness of the IMEC type cleans.

The presentation and discussion will be held in:

CIS101 Thursday, June 15th beginning at 3:00pm

Regards,