Shutdown amtetcher SNF 2007-09-11 04:24:46: Burnt Arcdel on Tray 1

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 11 04:24:46 PDT 2007

I was running a long prog3 etch on some SOI wafers with thick resist.  I didn't see any arcing during the etch, but afterwards I found that tray 1 had severe burning at the top including some damaged clips.  Tray 2 also had one damaged clip.  I guess the combination of bad thermal dissipation of SOI wafers, thick resist and long etch times just didn't go well with the machine.  (I did hard-bake and UV bake the resist beforehand but apparently it wasn't enough.) I apologize for any inconvenience and delays caused.