Comment amtetcher SNF 2008-08-13 17:23:10: Base Pressure changed to 0.8mT

latta at snf.stanford.edu latta at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 13 17:23:11 PDT 2008

One of the things to come out of the Etch Quality Circle is a better understanding of why the base pressure for the tool had been set to 0.5mT.  It seems that when to etcher was purchased it was configured for metal etching.  It was never used as a metal etching tool, however.
A major concern with metal etching is moisture and pumping down to very low base pressures assured moisture-free etching.  We really do not need to pump down to 0.5mT for the processes we run in the amtetcher.
I have changed all the standard recipes (1,2,3,4,5 and 7) and their back-up recipes (11,12,13,14,15 and 17) to have a base pressure of 0.8mT.  I have also reflected that change on the newly laminated Recipes and Etch Rates Sheet in the logbook.
This should put an end to the annoyingly long pump downs we have recently been experiencing and bring peace back to Etchland.