Problem amtetcher SNF 2009-11-06 22:34:20: tray clamping system chomping at fingers!

jsnapp at snf.stanford.edu jsnapp at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 6 22:34:21 PST 2009

I was trying to unload dummies and load dummies and I experienced that the clamping system (which you lower by pushing the two big red buttons) to lift up an inch or so and violently slam down again.  WITH NO USER REQUEST.  This seems to be due to some bleeding of air into the vacuum lines.  After it did this a second time to me I decided to save my fingers and call it quits for the night.
I consider this to be a fundamental design flaw affecting safety.  The system should not be able to change state unless both of the big red buttons are pushed.  It shouldn't be both big red buttons OR a malfunction.