turbo long pump down time

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 22 10:05:23 PST 2002

>Subject: Problem amtetcher 2002-01-20 18:36:39: turbo pumpdown slow..
>Date: Jan 20, 2002 6:36:41 PM
>From: narya at snf.stanford.edu
>To: amtetcher-pcs at snf.stanford.edu
>
>I had 24 wafers loaded and was running Std Oxide Etch.
>The machine would take a lot of time to pumpdown to
>the required base pressure (0.2)

Last week I loaded one wafer in each of the 6 trays, it took 10
minutes for the turbo to pump down. The longer you leave the bell jar
open, the longer it will take for the chamber to pump down. Len is
correct, this is due to the fact that the cryo pump is no longer
being used. Narya, it would be helpful if you could provide an actual
time.

Please take this into consideration when you make your reservations.

Sharleen