Changes to base pressure

Eric Perozziello eap at gloworm.Stanford.EDU
Wed Aug 13 18:32:58 PDT 2008

I agree that the absolute base pressure is not essential for an
oxide etch, but I'm afraid that the failure to reach the "usual" base
pressure is really a symptom of a large leak rate.  On a few occasions,
I measured that rate, and it was unacceptably high (which I think
I noted in coral).

Given the relaxation in the programmed base pressure, can we have
regular leakup rates measured and logged somewhere?  And yellow-light
the machine if it exceeds 5 or 10 mT/min?

Thanks,
-Eric