Plasma color changed

Shen Ren renshen at
Tue Aug 19 22:10:19 PDT 2008

Hi Chong,

Can you double check your program? I did a NF3 etch later this
afternoon. The plasma of my process has a pinkish color. Maybe you
need to run a longer conditioning for your process.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Chong Xie <chongxie.stanford at> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am now running the recipe 4 seasoning. I noticed that the color of the
> plasma has changed. It's light purple now, and I remember it was brighter
> before. And I can't see through the plasma now, before I could clearly see
> the wafer and the electrode. Has anyone noticed that too? It looks really
> strange.
> chong
> --
> Chong Xie
> Ph. D Candidate
> Cui Group
> The Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials
> 476 Lomita Mall, Stanford University
> Stanford, CA 94305

Best wishes,

Shen Ren

Department of Electrical Engineering
Stanford University

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
 -Albert Schweitzer