Arcing issues

Nancy Latta nlatta at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 27 13:57:33 PDT 2008

Folks,

Earlier this week we had a major arcing incident, the second in about a
month.  Thanks to Mike Dickey the tool was not down for very long.  The
repair is expensive and time consuming.  It is also, we think, avoidable.

Please make sure that you check at every use that the tray latches are
fastened correctly.  The top of the hex should be completely flat.  A
simple visual inspection should ensure that is the case.

If you have any questions about this procedure please let me know and I
will be happy to go over it with you.

Thanks,

-Nancy