Etching ASML targets with amtetcher

Benjamin Chui bwchui at
Thu Jul 7 18:37:03 PDT 2011

I did a 5.4 minute (recipe 4) etch on the AMT yesterday (July 6) and got an etch depth of 0.16um per Zygo.

--- On Sun, 7/3/11, Nahid Harjee <nharjee at> wrote:

From: Nahid Harjee <nharjee at>
Subject: Etching ASML targets with amtetcher
To: amtetcher at
Date: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 6:21 PM

Hi amtetcher community,

Have any of you recently used amtetcher to successfully etch ASML targets? The recommended process is 5 min of Program 4. In November 2010 when I last ran this process, it yielded trench depths of 1150 A (measured with zygo) which is close to the desired 1200 A. However, when I ran it again yesterday, the trench depths were only 700 A. Have others also noticed this large change in etch rate?

Nahid Harjee
Ph.D. Candidate
Electrical Engineering
Stanford University