Comment asml SNF 2012-05-03 17:36:19: Tried BSA -- largely fine, minor hiccups

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Thu May 3 17:36:19 PDT 2012

I tried the newly-restored BSA function this afternoon after Ping.  I had 8 wafers with existing BSA marks, following a previously used ASML program.  Of the 8 wafers, 5 went through fine.  On the remaining 3, the machine would hiccup about 3/4 of the way through; the snag always occured on a left-most die (i.e. near the NW corner of the wafer).  When that happened, I had to click "abort batch" and clear out the wafers and restart the remaining wafers.  Before entering the machine, all 8 wafers passed the flatness 'float' test and were rinsed in the Litho SRD.  Don't know if it's subtle differences in the wafers that caused the hiccups, or some of the settings on my program were too stringent, or was it some other factor. Thanks, Ben