[Fwd: epi backsides]

Nandasiri Samarakone nandasiri.samarakone at asml.com
Fri Feb 1 18:19:05 PST 2008

Hi Binder

Please touch base with me Monday so we can discuss.

What I gather from Mahnaz mail is that thick epi wafers wont hold on the
ASML

Usually thats due to wafer warpage

The picture suggests an area of epi that has a different grain structure
and hence reflectivity.

I expect epi dep to be single sided so it points to some kind of
different grain nucleation mechanism in that area which presumably is
temperature related and hence stress will cause wafer bow.

I am not an expert on epi, however, my involvements in silicon on
sapphire epi dep and poly deposition would suggest that dropping the
deposition temperature and aiming for a slower growth rate may help.

Anyway lets discuss, before we involve Europe.

Thanks

Nanda