Options in order to complete 3D install at Stanford

Nandasiri Samarakone nandasiri.samarakone at asml.com
Thu May 1 14:46:21 PDT 2008

In order to bring everyone up to speed, let me review the situation.

A) ASML were unable to complete calibration of the 3D align in the time
alloted.
B) In order to finish we would need in the region of 4+ ( say 5 days for
safety )
C) ASML have allready had the tool for several weeks for FLIR
/AFFYMETRIX/ 3D INSTALL
D) STANFORD students urgently need the tool in order to get results for
the IEDM conference
E) Binder and Paul have days off in May
F) The longer we delay completion the greater the need to redo several
tests ( ie we add 2 days )
G) I am unable to be present at Stanford Friday to discuss this 1 on 1
with Mary / Mahnaz / John etc due to prior comittments. The earliest
time that I could realistically get there would be 3 pm.
H) Suggest Binder discuss the following options with Mary / Mahnaz /
John tomorrow

Options in order of preference ( see attached power point )

1. Take tool May 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ( I understand this is unlikely as the
students are way behind allready )
2. Take the tool May 26, 27, 28, 29, and possibly Sat 30th
3. Take the tool June 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,
4. Take the tool June 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, ( although by now we would
likely need to redo Red / Blue and other tests so that we would need 2
more days to complete the work.

Ernie / John / Keith,

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't see any scheduled 3D align project
being impacted by any of the above options.

Kind Regards

Nanda