Pm mark etch

Mahnaz Mansourpour mahnaz at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 17 17:47:23 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I am sorry to let you know that for some unknown reason ( Nancy is
trying to find  out what has happened or changed)
the etch rate on amtecher  has cut in half. When this has started   we
are not sure. we know the etch rate in program 4 for 5 minutes done on
15th  ( reads   550 A left and 560 A right side)   measured on Zygo.

I am not sure how many people have done their PM marks etch which for
top side we need 1200A, this will cause a serious issue with asml we
need the depth so the system can reliably align the next layer so please
check your process and measure the marks if is possible.
I am thinking that  we might still be able to do different pm marks in
different locations.
We can provide more information tomorrow.

I know that John and Elmer are  working on the system  as I am writing
this email.

My apology to every one and please come and see us if you have been
effected by this.

mahnaz