Scribe wafers

Mahnaz Mansourpour mahnaz at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 23 17:06:09 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I like to take this opportunity and remind every one that we would
rather all the scribing be done on the top of the wafers vs back side.
If this is not possible  then only scribe very conservatively on the
side of the wafers with flat toward you.
You should not use letters that causes a lot of stress like M,W, T,
L.... please small.
I have these written and is next to the system, please take a few
minutes and refresh your memory.

Secondly,  It is your responsibility to make sure that  back of  every
wafers  is free of  resist or any other residue.
The resist is causing major issues on the Echuck and Pchuck and because
of the 3D optic cleaning with acetone is not an option.  I am asking for
your help on this matter as I get reminded by the FSE almost every
time. The flatness is another issue so Please check  few wafers out of
your lot on the Granite( rock) on Ultratech. If for any reason the back
of wafers has resist or EBR residue,  clean it with q-tip and run the
wafers through SRD in the litho area, the way I showed you during training .

mahnaz