Fwd: Re: Shutdown asml SNF 2009-08-24 19:08:00: Wafer lost in system

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 25 09:16:58 PDT 2009

All,

The necessity to inspect and verify the wafers have clean backsides
has been emphasized since the arrival of the ASML.  The lack of
following protocol on the ASML resulted in an  12 hour, overnight
shutdown for the tool last night and we had a similar event on the
2st.  The lab member community did feel the effect on the 2st, as
Linda was able to run to the parking lot and stop Joey before he left
for the day.  In both cases, there is obvious contamination on the
wafer backside indicating a lack of following procedure.

If the trend of not inspecting the wafers prior to going in to the
ASML continues rise the staff will also become more aggressive in our
response.  Please break this cycle and spend the extra minutes and
inspect your wafers.

Regards,
Ed