PM alignment marks

Ping Ding ping.ding at asml.com
Thu Jul 26 12:27:53 PDT 2012

Hi Hai,

You should treat PM marks just as any regular pattern when placing it relative to other design patterns.  In order not to get ghost image from neighboring pattern, ASML recommendation for chrome border (separation distance) is 1.24mm at wafer level (I think SNF recommendation goes even a bit higher, 1.4mm? Check it in Wiki).

Hope this helps.

Ping Ding (ASML apps engineer)