SiO2 thermal oxidation recipes

Tim Holme tholme at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 4 13:53:30 PDT 2011

I'll be needing to make some thermal SiO2.  This may mean that I'd like to use the pyrometer, but I thought I'd ask about other people's experiences with low temperature oxidation.

I've seen the calibration/qualification report for oxidation on AW610-r at 1150C.  Does anyone have a recipe for lower temperatures that doesn't use the pyrometer?  Does anyone know a comparison of electrical properties of oxides grown at different temperatures?  If I can get a calibrated growth rate at low temp and good electrical properties, I'll be a happy camper.  Otherwise, I'd like to request a pyrometer use day.

Thanks all,
Tim