Update, 10-4-2002

Charley Williams charley at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 4 11:16:01 PDT 2002

	The Raith is up and running patterns, some dose questions have been
resolved as
having been a result of the "output device" selection changing the way
the mag is
figured.
	The 700F is up and running patterns, and the "local" LED box has fixed
itself....
	The 4160 is up and running, and there have been some questions raised
as to the
merits of changing the emission current. We do NOT want anyone changing
ANY gun parameters
except Accelerating voltage. Leave the emission setting alone, and use
the condenser setting
to change your probe (beam) current as needed. The tip is on its last
legs and we don't want
to change the way it is being run. Again, no tape of any sort or sticky
things in the
chamber!
	The S-800 is up and running a bit better after our Semicaps
representative has
worked with the image capture box. He's still looking into removing the
last remaining
lines. We have seen some problems when users switch the photo speed to
speed "2" instead
of speed "1". Speed "2" will also work with film and we're getting it to
work with the image
capture system.
	chw3