Update, 9-6-2002

Charley Williams charley at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 6 08:48:57 PDT 2002

	The Raith 150 will be undergoing repairs today.
	The Hitachi 700F is up for use.
	The Hitachi S-800 is up for use, with image capture problems.
	The Hitachi 4160 is up for instructional use.

	 I've probably made some enemies at Raith/Leo, but I finally got some
effective
support for our problem. There will be service personnel in today,
trying to find some
vibration or field to explain our image disturbance...
	The 4160 is working well and I need some users who have a couple of
hours to learn
how to run the machine. It's very much like the S-800, but with NO way
to export an image
as of now. When I find a source of Polaroid film, we'll use that, and
there is a thermal
printer with 8" paper that I'll try to resurrect soon.
	The 700F appears fine "hardware-wise". There are some data transfer
issues, but it
looks like writing strategy is a part of this.
	chw3