Beamtools report for Monday June 2, 2003

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 2 15:15:49 PDT 2003

Greetings:

All Ebeam and SEM systems are up and available for users:

Semhitachi, S-800 FE-SEM is up.
Please use the new SOP procedure, a copy is in the SEM LAB.
The old SOP has been archived.  We will update the web site ASAP.

Ebeam, H-700 Ebeam Exposure System is up and available to users.

S-4160 is up and ready for your use.

RAITH 150 is up and available for users.
The detector configurations have been restored.  The problems
encountered last week appear to be sourced to an arcing event which
occurred early last week.  This caused the drop of the IEEE-488
communications buss and somehow affected the LEO configuration on that
shutdown.

 Please report to CORAL any problem you encounter during your sessions
so we can evaluate and correct.

The system schedule is nearly full, see James Conway if you are having
problems making a reservation on CORAL.

Be advised we will be taking the system down for an extended period from
June 16 through the 27th, and there will likely be no user access to the
system. During this time we will be changing components on the X-Y Stage
and performing  new system qualification and performance testing with
RAITH Field service personnel.  Limited access overnights may be allowed
the week of June 26 - 30th. We do hope to be back up and on the air for
all qualified users starting June 28, 2003.

The RAITH Basic Users School for June 17 - 23, 2003 has been canceled
and will be rescheduled for late July.

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James Conway || Paul Jerabek || Charley Williams III
E-beam Technology Group, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
650-725-7075