Update, 5-28-2003

charley charley at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 28 09:31:34 PDT 2003

    Hi, Folks,
    Our Raith has a couple of apparently software problem. It was
rebooted
yesterday evening and came up thinking it has no TV detector, no 'B'
detector
and the stage doesn't update when moved and will not hit the Faraday cup
or
any other stored locations.
    I've just called our new service manager at Raith and he's going to
look for
a software fix and see who's available. I have explained that we are
hard down
and looking for some fast work by them.....
    The Hitachis are all functioning. I have to take a look at the S-800
and reset
some apertures, but it will be re-adjusted soon and ready to use by
10:00,
unless something goes wrong.
    Watch for updates, I'll make them as soon as the Raith situation
changes.
    chw3