Soliciting Interest of Users in attending the next Ebeam Town Hall Meeting DEC 15, 2004 1400 - 1530 hours

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 3 12:07:26 PST 2004

Greetings Raith Users:

In the intent of holding the next Ebeam Lab Town Hall meeting I wish to
solicit from all users their level of interest in attending the next
meeting if it would be held on Wednesday December 15, 2004 from 14 00 to
15 30 hours (2 -3:30 PM)
CIS 101

I realize that for many of you the term is winding down and many are
finishing up many items to close out the year.
Some will also be already starting their holiday travels too!

So I ask you all to consider if you would attend the meeting at this
time, or would it simply be better to hold the next meeting in January
2005.  My proposed date for this would be Friday January 21, 2004 14 00
- 16 00 hours (2 -4 PM)

The Agenda is open for your suggestions:

Agenda Items Proposed:

Raith Scheduling on Coral; managing a limited resource. 20 minutes
    Seeking your contributions and opinions on our current usage
policies and discussion and proposals of modifications to these policies.

Discussions on methods users can implement to increase sample throughput
on the system. 10 minutes

Recent PCM testing results in brief. - 5 minutes

Commonly Encountered Problems: - 10 minutes

    *  Beam Drift due to Substrate Charging issues and discussion on
      methods
    * Write Field Alignment Challenges and how to solve them.
    * Stitching breaks in the V scan direction
      - To use or not to use Focus Correction By working distance.

New Item: Raith Champions End of Year Project Summaries:
All willing participants are encouraged to briefly summarize their
project goals and review the results they have obtained on the RAITH
system. It is desired for you to present a PPT slide or two with your
images and measurements to summarize your RAITH results.
On the lighter side users are also encouraged to present your best
images and unusual results you may have obtained on the system.
Presenters will meet their results and project reporting requirement for
SNF by giving us your update.

RSVP... to beamtools at snf.stanford.edu  Thread:  EBEAM TOWN HALL MEETING.

Thanking you for your support,