Announcement NO 2: Time line to replace the LEO SEM. System offline June 6 to 10, 2005

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon May 23 19:01:51 PDT 2005

Greetings Raith Community

This is your notice and second announcement that we will be taking the
RAITH 150 system off line for up to a weeks time to replace the LEO SEM
column with a brand new SEM column.
Tentatively Monday June 6, 2005 to possibly the end of the week Friday
June 10 the system may be off line to all users. I hope to have it back
up and available for testing Thursday evening and open for all users mid
day Friday if humanly possible.

This is to allow us time to replace the SEM column with the new column,
perform a normal column bakeout, and then to make adjustments to the E/O
card and SEM column. This period should also allow adequate time for
testing and performance characterization before returning the systems
for users.

This effort is made to eliminate the column scattering issues that has
negatively impacted most users working on the system.

Thank you for your support!