RAITH STATUS 17:45 HOURS FRI. JAN. 15, 2010 --- SYSTEM IS COMING UP AND AVAILABLE TO RAITH CHAMPIONS ONLY UNLESS WITH MY PERMISSION.

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 15 17:55:32 PST 2010

  *GREETINGS RAITH COMMUNITY:*

The system has just come up. We have tested all interfaces but have not yet performed
the qualification testing.

I am handing the tool off to Kelly Rivoire for initial testing and then we resume the
CORAL schedule for *RAITH CHAMPIONS ONLY* through Tuesday at 2 PM.

Tuesday afternoon assuming the system is fine I will start Qualification testing for
resolution and performance working together with the next RAITH Basic Users class.

*Users are requested to not exceed 15 keV* until the gun pressure stabilizes and we have
stable extraction current on the FE-Gun.  I expect this to occur by next Thursday or
so.

Imaging resolution and brightness are superb and all Users will see a decided difference
from before the holiday break.

PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY SERIOUS PROBLEMS. 415-412-4825

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!