Changes in your ZEP 520 A process --> changes in resist dose to clear. Have you observed lower doses to clear on your work since January 20th, 2010?

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 18 10:21:22 PDT 2010

Greetings RAITH and ZEP-520A Users:

I have observed in my characterization work that the current batch of
ZEP-520A seems to have a slightly different exposure dosing
characteristic that all previous batches.  Formerly at 10 kV using the
10 or 20 µm aperture my dose threshold to clear was on the order of 37
to 40 µC/cm**2 on Silicon and SOI with 250 nm resist thickness.  In my
recent work both on Quartz with Cr and a small number of Silicon
substrates my current dose to clear has dropped to between 27 and 32
µC/cm**2.

(At 30 kV on the Hitachi currently is 80 to 90 µC/cm**2 for larger area
patterns, formerly between 120 and 135 µC/cm**2.)

Please report to this list if you also have observed similar changes in
your EBL work on any system.  This may be just statistical variation in
my measurements.

Thank you for your support!