Cascade vacuum problem (please read)

Mihir Tendulkar mihirt at stanford.edu
Sun Nov 4 20:39:58 PST 2007

All,

      Last week it was discovered that the Cascade has a vacuum
problem for the 13mm piece setting (vacuum holes in the center of the
chuck).

      The switch is broken and has been taped to maintain vacuum. DO
NOT FLIP THE 13mm SWITCH OR REMOVE THE TAPE.

      The central holes have continuous vacuum due to the broken
switch. I've placed a dummy wafer over the holes to stop the leak when
the system is not in use. If you use the system, please put the dummy
piece in the 3" holder next to the system (labeled SW10). When you are
done measuring, please replace the dummy sample.

      I will contact the Cascade technician tomorrow. I don't know how
long it will take to fix, so let's work together to keep it running in
the meantime. Thanks.

--
Mihir Tendulkar
Applied Physics PhD Candidate