New reservation limit

Mihir Tendulkar mihirt at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 10 18:09:38 PDT 2008

Dear users,

      After some recent complaints over reservation abuse policy,
we've come up with a new rule change for the Cascade.

      Previously, we had a 10-hour prime time limit (M-F 8-6pm) for
the following 7 days, and unlimited reservations outside of prime
time. This led to many users booking tons of time they didn't plan to
use, and canceling at the last minute. As such, the reservation
history is constantly full but the usage history has many gaps in it.

      We are now instituting a reservation limit cap. The prime time
limit is now 8 hours, and each user is permitted a total of 16 hours
of reservations for the following 7 days. We hope this will cut down
on frivolous reservations.

      We are open to feedback and will consider further changes as warranted.

--
Mihir Tendulkar
Applied Physics PhD Candidate