Cascade connectors + new instructions

Mihir Tendulkar mihirt at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 17:47:08 PDT 2010

Hi all,

     Today a question came up about the whereabouts of a male-male coax to triax adapter. We were unable to find it. It is unknown how long it has been missing. Long story short, it walked off. We recommend users buy their own adapters and hold on to them, as shared parts are clearly not safe in that room.

     The EE410 students sometimes walk over and ask to use parts. The answer to this should be an emphatic NO. Blame me if you want, but never lend out any parts *to anyone*.

     Also, thanks to Jenny Hu, we revised some unclear instructions on Cascade usage. I will place a couple of copies by the station later. The majority of instructions are the same; we clarified a few things about the loading procedure. The biggest change is in the use of the hot chuck. All users are required to follow the new procedure starting tomorrow morning, so if you are a hot chuck user, please look over it at the start of your session.

--
Mihir Tendulkar
Applied Physics PhD Candidate