Cascade courtesy and rules.

Gaurav Thareja gthareja at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 10 16:06:30 PDT 2010

Dear Cascade users.

Please take a moment to read the following email.

Courtesy, after finishing your measurements
1. Put Connectors back in the box.

2. Put extra cables back on the wall

3. Do not dump the CV and IV cables on the ground. Put them nicely on the back of cascade

4. Remove all extra equipment/cables around the cascade, which might get in someone's way. The other day I saw a 'measurement box' supported by a chair behind the CV meter. Unacceptable.

5. Do not drive the manipulators excessively beyond their equilibrium position. If large translations are required, you are supposed to move them by killing the vacuum momentarily with the small black button.

Rules
1. Send email to cascade list for showing up late, no shows, canceling reservations.

2. Record the Probe tip status properly. Scribbling, Incomplete status and "Same" is not allowed.

We are getting a lot of complaints about no shows and we warn individual users. Bad users would be disqualified from using the system.

Thanks
Cascade team.