Please read: Cascade is down until Sunday

Xiangyu Chen xiangyuc at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 19 16:06:30 PST 2010

Hi Users

   Jim and I just took a look at cascade to resolve the broken microscope lamp problem. It turned out that the bulb socket was broken, and the fuse at the power plug was blown out.

   We replaced the socket and the fuse, but cascade is not available until Sunday, as the high temperature glue Jim put in there for wire connections needs a day to completely dry out. I will do a final check tomorrow afternoon to see if everything works properly, and send an email to the list, so please stay in tuned.

   Even though cascade is not shut down on coral right now, all users should avoid using the tool until the final check of the lamp box is done.

   Thanks for your understanding!

Helen